As a leading senior home care provider in Chandler, Home Care Assistance knows how important your senior loved one’s health and wellbeing is to you. Did you know it’s possible to reduce cancer risk everyday just by making healthy changes to your loved one’s diet? Opting for foods loaded with cancer-fighting nutrients can help protect the body’s cells from deterioration and damage, keeping your senior loved one happy and healthy for years to come. Consider these dietary changes to fortify your senior loved one’s natural defenses against cancer.
Fill up on Super-Foods
– Red Bell Peppers – These bright, and surprisingly sweet vegetables contain almost triple the amount of vitamin C compared to oranges. Foods rich in vitamin C prevent cancer-causing nitrogen compounds from forming. Other vitamin C-packed foods include dark, leafy greens, broccoli, berries, and papayas.
– Peanut Butter/Nuts – Nuts are loaded with vitamin E, which has been connected to the regulation of cell reproduction. The antioxidant properties in nuts also destroy free radicals, preventing cell damage.
– Wild Salmon – Wild salmon is rich in vitamin D, a vitamin studies have shown prevents the growth of blood vessels that provide tumors with life. Vitamin D also helps prevent the proliferation of precancerous and cancerous cells.
Imbibe Cancer-Fighting Drinks
– Tea – Tea drinkers are shown to have a significantly reduced risk of developing cancer. The catechin compounds help prevent full-blown development of cancerous cells by blocking growth and cellular mutations.
– Milk – Some studies show populations with strong calcium intake have a reduced risk for cancer thanks to calcium’s ability to neutralize carcinogens.
Other Dietary Changes to Implement
– Avoid Carcinogens – Avoid sugars in sauces and marinades when grilling, and eat as little processed food as possible. Minimize exposure to carcinogens when grilling meat by cooking until done, not well-done.
– Start Juicing – Just about everyone can agree a diet abundant in fruit and vegetables helps prevent cancer. The multitude of organic compounds found in fruits and veggies destroys harmful toxins and protects the body. Juice an abundance of dark, leafy greens rich in carotenoids, red grapes loaded with resveratrol, and cruciferous vegetables packed with sulforaphane that prevents the growth of cancer cells.
One of the best ways to ensure your loved one is eating a healthy diet loaded with cancer-preventing nutrients is by prepping meals for your senior loved one. If you need help with things like grocery shopping, meal prep, or regularly cooking healthy meals for your loved one, consider hiring a caregiver in Chandler who can assist with these tasks, as well as light housework and transportation. Our caregivers are compassionate, highly trained, and available to care for your senior loved one 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Give us a call today at (480) 448-6215 to learn more about our services or to schedule your free in-home consultation.